The 2016-2017 season is drawing to a close. We’ve just done 3 amazing events in Thialf, before they tore up the ice with the Speedway motorbikes!. Big (250+) groups of school kids (12-18jr) and a company day out rounded off what has been an unforgettable season. From down hill Red Bull Crashed Ice to kids with Down’s, from Swedish lakes to Mexican ice fun parks, the Icebyks by Ice-World have seen a lot of action this winter.
And not only have the Icebyks been revolutionising the way people enjoy ice, the first ‘3-D’ ice start ramp has been shipped to a fixed ice rink. Expect to see more ramps on the ice next season!
In April Team Icebyk are doing a promotion tour in the UK, visiting a number of ice rinks. Not sure if this counts as the end of this season or the beginning of next! In any case, the new Icebyk model is well advanced and you can be sure that come the autumn the fun and games will be starting up all over again – in even more places than ever before 🙂
On 11 March Team Icebyk in association with Sport Deventer & MV-Moves will be holding the Deventer Icebyk Challenge
For more information, click here ( www.icebyk.com/dic17 )
Croky staat voor plezier en gezellig samenzijn. En waar is dat leuker dan op een ijsbaan? Kijk hieronder wanneer de Croky Challenge langskomt in jouw buurt.
Er worden verschillende spellen gedaan met de Icebyks. Ben jij de beste Icebyk rijder en versla jij al je vrienden? Doe mee en wie weet win jij de Croky Challenge!
This winter the Icebyks will be getting sideways on various ice rinks, and maybe you are in charge??!! Here are some tips from the professionals, Team Icebyk 🙂
On the ice:
- Use barrier tape to cordon off the area of ice in use by the Icebyks when sharing an ice rink with skaters. Cones are not suitable because skaters like to skate between them!
- Use old car tyres on the ice to lay out a nice race circuit with both sharp corners (ideal for drifting) and more gentle bends.
- Ensure people do not walk on the ice unless getting on and off the Icebyk.
- At the ice rink entrance, use a mat to clean shoes on.
- Keep the tyres pumped up to 45psi / 4bar. Check at least once a day.
- Store the Icebyks in a dry place.
- Feel free to use pictures, videos etc on the Icebyk website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts.
- Use the hashtag #icebyk so other people, including Team Icebyk, can help you promote and share your event.
And most important of all: have fun!!
The Icebyk season starts on 2 October with demos and races at the Uithof in The Hague. In October we will be putting the new Icebyk by Ice-World through its paces; an essential step on the way to introducing this fantastic new product to the mobile Ice-World rinks. After The Hague we move on to the Innovation in Sport congress in Dusseldorf, followed by events in Breda, Alkmaar and Heerenveen. Check out the agenda in the right-hand margin for details.
And we have room for more bookings, so fill in the contact form if you need to spice up your ice!